May 9, 2011

I love the month of MAY!

I've always loved the month of May and that is not just because it's my birthday month (hint: gifts are very welcome) but because May brings so much hope that summer months are on its way. I always get too excited when summer is near. I wake up way too early everyday (6am!) so that I can spend a longer time basking in the warmth of the sun and of course to get my dose of much needed Vitamin D. Don't you notice that everything seems to be much better, nicer and so much more exciting when the sun is smiling down on you?? I know I do (^_^)

I also love May because it's when we celebrate Mother's Day. I've always thought that Mother's Day is celebrated on the same date all around the world, but I was mistaken. We 'googled' it yesterday at work when it wasn't so busy just so that we can get our answer. Most of the countries do celebrate it on the 2nd Sunday of May: other countries like Russia have it on the last Sunday of November while Indonesia celebrates it on Dec 22nd, 3 days before Christmas! There must be some big festivities around that time in Indonesia, How exciting!

Either way, it doesn't really matter which day we celebrate Mother's Day. All we need to do is to make sure we do not have to wait until that 'day' to tell our mother's how thankful we are of them. Everyday we should strive to treat them 'extra special' like the way we do on Mother's Day.  

Let me share to you what we did for our Mom for Mother's Day:


Pink Coconut Cake with Coconut Buttercream Icing

Mom <3


Mom and her bento box dinner


Mom and Ate Joy

My Faves: Shrimp Tempura and Spicy Salmon Handroll. YUMMY!!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment